Sunday, January 18, 2009

We are pregnant!

Yes, we are pregnant! I'm a little late getting the blog started so this first post will be a quick recap to catch you up on things.

Here's the timeline so far:

11/6/08 I took my first pregnancy test which came up negative

11/9/08 Second test - big fat positive! And how quickly the positive came up too!

11/21/08 First appointment with doctor. Well, actually the nurse practitioner. It took probably an hour or so and we just talked - history, things to expect, prenatal vitamins, possible screenings and other diagnotics. Then, off for blood work.

11/25/08 First Ultrasound - It was so awesome to actually see the little one. I hadn't been having any of the normal symptoms so I was a little nervous that there really wasn't a baby inside me.

12/5/08 Next appointment - with the actual doctor. More talk plus an exam - yuck!

1/9/09 Sequential screening appointment. The purpose of this visit was to meet with a genetic counselor and have some measurements of the baby taken to determine the chances of some genetic disorders. This consisted of an ultrasound (yay!) and a blood draw. This was also the first time I heard the heartbeat. The best part about this appointment was that my parents were there and got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat.

1/12/09 Regular office visit. This was with the nurse practioner again. Pretty quick appointment but got to hear the heartbeat again. This was Jeremy's first time to hear it. She also measured my uterus.

1/15 and 1/16/09 Good news! Calls from my doctor's office and the genetic counselor. The results from the screening put me at a fairly low risk for the baby having Down Syndrome or Trisomy 18. There will be another blood draw for this at my next appointment for an even more accurate reading.

Well, I guess that about brings you up to date on the generals of my pregnancy. I'll post more soon that will fill in some of the details of how Jeremy and I have been spending our time to prepare for baby .

No comments:

Post a Comment