Saturday, January 9, 2010

Our little Gerber baby

Ever since she was born, we always hear comments that Caroline looks like a Gerber baby. She has been eating like a champ!

We started with the usual rice cereal and have expanded from there. Caroline's favorites right now are anything mixed with the cereal - especially bananas and pears. She's getting a mix of fresh fruits and veggies that I prepare for her and some jarred food. She definitely prefers fresh bananas over the jarred version. The first time she had the jarred ones, she shuddered with every bite. This is when I discovered that she likes things mixed with cereal. Rather than throw away the whole jar of bananas, I mixed it up with cereal and she gobbled it up.

I don't have any crazy food-all-over-the-face pictures because she is a pretty neat eater. She has mastered using her upper lip to scrape the food from her spoon. Jeremy has been working with her on her holding the spoon and getting it to her mouth - that's going to take more practice!

Here's a couple of pictures from when she was first experimenting with rice cereal. Like I said, she really isn't very messy. Lucky me!


No comments:

Post a Comment