Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sure wasn't expecting that!

It's been almost two weeks since Jeremy rubbed his finger along Caroline's lower gum line and felt the sharp edges of a tooth.  This happened on our first day in Maui - March 5th (more on Maui later).  We've been so focused on that lower tooth finally breaking through that we failed to notice that she has an upper one that has poked much farther through her gums!  I discovered this yesterday afternoon while I was changing her diaper.  She happened to have her mouth opened just right and I saw a flash of white.  I can't believe that we hadn't noticed this other tooth, although Caroline doesn't really allow us to mess around with her mouth much.  So I guess it shouldn't surprise me that this went by unnoticed.  It's a little strange though, because typically the lower centrals come in before the uppers.  Even stranger is that this tooth appears to not even be a central tooth - it's just a little too much off center, I think. 

Caroline willing, I will try to get some pictures of her new teeth.  She has been putting them to good use.  As we were shopping through Whole Foods earlier this week, they had bread samples out and I knew it was almost her snack.  So, to ward off any premature hunger I decided to give her some bits of the bread.  She loved it and did a great job getting it down.  Actually, this seems to be normal for her - she loves everything and always manages to get it down.  Even stuff that she appears to hate (making sour puss faces and shuddering), she still eats and goes back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment