Thursday, February 26, 2009

We're having a.......

GIRL!

I am absolutely thrilled, although I think I would have been just as thrilled to learn it was a boy. At first I really wanted a boy, but as time went on, I figured a girl would be really cool too. For the last few weeks though, I've just been thinking about how happy I'll be to have either one.

At the ultrasound was Jeremy (of course. He's already such an attentive Daddy!), and my sister. She just happened to be in town this week.

Everything looked really good on the ultrasound. She has a nice strong heartbeat. There was a lot of measuring of tiny bones. From these measurements they are somehow able to come up with the baby's weight. Our little girl weighs 11 ounces! They said that by the time she weighs about a pound I should be feeling her. I was also told that my placenta implanted on the top of the uterus (just underneath the tummy lining) and because of this placement, it's not unusual for it to take longer to feel the baby. She just needs to gain a bit more weight so she is strong enough for me to feel. I can't wait for that and for when Jeremy can also feel her.

I have some pictures of the ultrasound that I'll have Jeremy scan this weekend so I can post them for you to see.

Congratulations to all you Grandpas, Grandmas, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins! You're having a granddaughter/niece!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Shannon I'm so excited for you guys! Now it's shopping time = )

    ReplyDelete