Sunday, May 31, 2009

We had our baby shower last weekend

We traveled to Texas for Memorial Day weekend. While we were there, one of Jeremy's good friends and his wife hosted a baby shower for us. We had a great time. The best part was seeing some friends that we hadn't seen since we moved to California last summer. I even had a friend show up that I hadn't seen in almost 3 years! (Great to see you, Sarah!) Unfortunately I left my camera in California and Jeremy forgot his camera at his dad's house. I don't think anyone else took pictures. It's too bad because I wish we had some sort of memento of the evening. Oh well.

On a sad note, earlier that day, I went with Jeremy to take his dog to the vet to be put to sleep. Jeremy had Mystic since she was just a little puppy so it was very sad for both of us. She had lived with me for the last 3 or 4 years before we made the big move. RIP Mystic - we love you!

The last leg of our trip took us to Austin where we hung out with my brother and his girlfriend. Monday's lunch took us to Shady Oaks restaurant near Barton Springs. I met up with a friend that I hadn't seen in probably 13 years. Debbie and I used to work with each other at University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston many, many moons ago. We had so much to catch up on! Again, sadly no pics.

All the traveling, heat and running around exhausted me. I was totally wiped out for work on Tuesday. I think I'm still trying to catch up.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon, you look great, sorry to hear about Jeremy's dog. They do become part of the family so please pass on my condolences. Can't wait to meet baby L.It looks like you are carrying a boy. I hope it's a boy because I have a boy and boys rock.

    ReplyDelete