Friday, May 8, 2009

Whew! Finally released....

I continued to go to Fetal Diagnostics this week - visits on Monday and Thursday again. Everything was great on Monday so I was in and out relatively quickly. She was moving awesome and my fluid level continued to go up - I think I was around 13.

Thursday was a little different story. It seemed like I was there forever! Apparently she was in a sleep cycle, so they were having a hard time seeing the movements that they needed to see during the ultrasound. Thankfully she finally must have woke up and started doing her thing. The fluid had gone up even more too!

Next was the monitoring part which is where she normally shines. However this time she was shining a little too much. Her heartrate was sooooo high. Normally it's in the upper 130's to 140's. She stayed up in the 190's! They wouldn't let me leave until it came back down - which took almost an hour! Then they weren't sure if had to come next week or not. They had me make an appointment for Monday just in case and told me to call on Friday to see if the doctor would release me.

Luckily I got good news on Friday - they said everything is fine and I didn't need to come back on Monday! I was so glad.

I will be returning to Fetal Diagnostics for the same thing once I hit about 36 or 38 weeks. They do this for older moms so they can keep an eye on the placenta. Apparently it ages/calcifies more quickly than in younger moms. Hopefully by that time I won't be working anymore so I won't have to endure the rat race of running back and forth to the hospital from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment