Saturday, October 30, 2010

16 months!

Getting ready to go to the nursery.

A couple of times a month I have a Mothers of Preschoolers meeting (MOPS) at a local church.  Caroline goes to the nursery at the church while I'm at the two hour meeting.  The first couple of times I was very nervous about leaving her there because she really hasn't been "left" anywhere just yet.  She has done great though.  Friday was the third time for her to go, and I guess she recognized the place because she did get a bit nervous when I was getting ready to leave her.  I checked in on her about a half hour later and she was hanging out with one of her friends, eating her friend's snack.  Then when I went to pick her up, she was looking out the window watching the older kids play on the playground.  She was pretty excited to see me there for her.  I'm very proud that she is independent enough to be left alone for awhile. 

Caroline's vocabulary continues to grow.  We have some feelings cards that she likes to look at.  She has already mastered the shy feeling by hiding her eyes, and this week she mastered her surprised look and her curious look.  It's so cute.  Her favorite way to assert herself is to sign "more."  She's been doing this in a very impatient manner.

She has surprised us with some new animals sounds.  Quacking, mooing, baaing have all added to her favorite lion roaring.  And I can't forget her fish faces and kisses whenever she sees a fish. 

She continues to amaze us and make us laugh daily.  What a fun kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment