Monday, April 27, 2009

Appointment with Fetal Diagnostics

I was able to get an appointment this morning at 11:00 am.
What they did at this appointment was pretty much the same thing as they did when I was in the hospital yesterday. Two monitors were strapped around my belly, sat like this for 30 or 45 minutes, then an ultrasound.

Results of the monitoring were good - she's moving around like she should be.

The ultrasound still showed that the amniotic fluid is on the low side. I was at an 8.6. They said anything below 8.5 is too low, so since I was right on the cusp, they wanted me back on Thursday. In the meantime, I need to drink lots of water - 3 liters is what she suggested! That's a lot of water, but I will do my best. I want my little one to have lots of fluid to swim around in!

Tomorrow is the glucose tolerance test. I'll fast this evening and then in the morning drink the Glucola an hour before I go to the lab to have my blood drawn. I'll update you on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment