Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hospital Tour (another very late post)

We went on a tour of the hospital a few weeks ago. Well, actually just the floors where we'll be spending our time during the big event. I'll be having the baby at Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach. They have a brand new women's pavilion which is very nice. The labor and delivery rooms (5th floor) are big with all sorts of nice amenities. I'm hoping I won't have to spend too much time there though! lol

The mother and baby floor is the 7th floor which is the top floor. As long as I don't have a c-section, we will probably stay there about 2 days after the birth. It is set up so that the baby will stay with me in my room the whole time. Her doctor will even come visit her there so she will always be at my side. I like the idea of this, instead of having her down the hall in a nursery, which is how I remember it when my little brother was born.

One of my favorite things about the hospital is the view. There are huge windows and they have great views of the beach or the mountains, depending on which direction the room is facing.



Looking out over Lido Marina, Newport Beach and the Pacific Ocean. Beautiful! My camera and these pictures do not do the view justice!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is nice! I am sure she will be surfing before you know it!

    ReplyDelete