Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hospital Visit

Most of Saturday and through the night I noticed that I wasn't feeling the baby move hardly at all. The movement I did feel was very weak compared to what it had been just a few days earlier when Jeremy and I watched my tummy move all evening on Wednesday.

Sunday morning I called my doctor and explained what was going on and she told me to head to Labor and Delivery. So we quickly got dressed and headed for the hospital. We checked in at L&D and they put me in a room. Two straps went around my belly - one to monitor the baby's heartbeat and movement, the other to monitor contractions. The heartbeat and movement were good and there were no contractions which is also good since it's so early. I stayed like this for about 45 minutes or so and then they wheeled me to the ultrasound placed downstairs. I didn't know exactly what they were looking for on the ultrasound, but they said everything was good, but the amniotic fluid was a little on the low side.

When I got back up to the room, I told the nurse that I still wasn't feeling much of the movement and it still felt weak. Before discharging me, she checked in with the doctor who said I needed to stay on bed rest for the remainder of the day and drink lots of water. Then, on Monday, she wanted me to go to Fetal Diagnostics.

So, the rest of the day I spent with my feet up, trying to drink lots of water. Jeremy had the pleasure of doing all the errands and grocery shopping that I had planned to do.

I was very relieved that the baby is okay, but a little nervous about the next day's appointment. Still, glad everything was safe, rather than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment