Monday, June 15, 2009

And it's back down again.....

Today's appointment at Fetal Diagnostics was another disappointment. I had a feeling it was going to be like this. During the monitoring portion of it, I had a pretty big contraction. Partly because of this I had to stay on the monitor another 20 minutes or so. The nurse tried to explain to me why she needed the extra time, but it really went over my head. Something about wanting to make sure the baby wasn't re-something or another. Sorry, didn't make sense to me, but I guess it turned out okay.

The AFI was another story. When she first measured she came up with 2.98, which is really low. Really low. So she had me lay on my side for a few minutes to see if the fluid would redistribute itself and then had another nurse measure. The second nurse came up with 2.9. She was ready to call my doc and have me admitted and put on an IV for fluids. The other nurse suggested that I take a 15-minute walk and drink some water. When they measured me for the third time, they came up with a 5.9. Not great, but at least out of that danger zone. So, I got out of being admitted by the skin of my teeth.

However, they suggested that I do not attend the baby shower this evening. I called Jeremy to let him know that they could go ahead and have it without me and I didn't mind. He was going to talk it over with his coworkers and let them decide. I haven't heard what the decision is yet.

I have a regular OB appointment tomorrow morning with my doctor. I guess we'll talk about what's going on and see what she says.

This whole fluid thing has been an ongoing battle for me for the last 2 months. I don't know why it's been such a struggle to keep it up in the normal range. I'll keep you posted on what's going on with my situation.

1 comment:

  1. awww Shannon Im sorry! I think its just lil girl's way of saying she wants outta the joint and wants to meet you guys soon! (but not too soon!)

    ReplyDelete