Monday, June 8, 2009

Disappointing news from today's appointment

Today was another Fetal Diagnostic appointment. The first half went great. Baby is moving, heartbeat is great, etc. Well, when we got to the second part - the ultrasound, well....it wasn't so great. I had really been hoping that I will have a steady increase in amniotic fluid. However, it dropped again - down to a 6.6. The nurse told me to go straight home, rest and keeping drinking water. The only time I should be getting up is to go the the bathroom.

I will admit that I may have been stretching the "resting" part of bedrest a bit. Yesterday I worked on laundry for most of the day, not to mention the Babies R Us trip on Saturday. I guess I have learned my lesson. I had planned to go to Target and the post office and run some other errands after the appointment today, but I figured the best thing would be for me to go home and do what the nurse said. So here I am, resting and sleeping. That's my big plan for tomorrow too. And the next day. And the next.

Hopefully Thursday will bring better news.

No comments:

Post a Comment