Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another test and another ultrasound today

I seriously feel like all I've done this week is go back and forth to the hospital. At 7:35 a.m. this morning, my phone started ringing. It was Fetal Diagnostics - surprise, surprise! They said that I needed to do another one of those contraction tests today because the one from yesterday didn't quite look right. I already had an appointment with them anyways, but we changed the time to be a little earlier so that I would be able to make it to the ultrasound appointment in time.

So, instead of sleeping in today as I had planned, I got up and took care of some things around the house and took off for FD. My fluid came out 5.6 which was acceptable. The contraction test today was much quicker than the last 2 times. We were able to start getting contractions pretty quickly. However, when we were done, the contractions didn't seem to want to end. They just kept going and going. Finally they were far enough apart that I was allowed to leave.

The next appointment was an ultrasound to do a growth scan. They were able to determine that the baby is measuring about 5 days ahead of my due date. She weighs about 7 pounds! Seven pounds sounds perfect to me. I hope she doesn't get too much bigger before I deliver. This doctor seemed to think that everything was looking great and his recommendation would be for the baby to come at 39 weeks. I wasn't exactly sure what he meant by that and he said basically to induce at that time. Sounds good to me!

Jeremy's mom will be here on Saturday to help out. Jeremy will be traveling a litte next week, so it will be nice to have the company. She'll be here for around a week. Who knows - maybe she'll actually get to see the baby while she's here! I still have a gut feeling that this baby will come earlier than we expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment