Monday, June 1, 2009

Some ultrasound and doctor appointment updates

Last Thursday I had an ultrasound done. The purpose was to take a look at the fibroids that were discovered at my very first u/s and see if they had grown at all. The good news is that they weren't able to see them, so apparently they haven't grown much at all, if any. They also determined that the baby weighs 5 pounds, 5 ounces! They said that is right on target, but based on what I've read it seems a little big. But, I figure if for some reason we have to deliver early, that she is at least a pretty decent size.

The bad news is that my amniotic fluid level was a 5. This is very low. The doctor at the ultrasound office decided that I needed to go to Fetal Diagnostics on Monday or Tuesday to start the monitoring again. I made an appointment to be seen on Tuesday.

Today (Monday) I had a regular doctor appointment. When we discussed the amniotic fluid level with her and our concerns of decreased fetal movement, she decided that I should go straight over to Fetal Diagnostics for monitoring and not wait until tomorrow. She also decided that I need to be on bedrest until further notice.

My visit to Fetal Diagnostics went pretty well. Her movement and heartbeat were fine. The amniotic fluid was an 8 today. Still low, but much better than 5. I will take it easy the rest of the week (bedrest), and hopefully by Thursday it will be back up again. If it gets below 5, I will probably be admitted overnight and will be put on an IV with fluids to try to get it back up.

Cross your fingers that this number keeps going up! I don't want to be in the hospital so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment