Monday, June 8, 2009

Saturday's Class

This past Saturday (also my mom's birthday - Happy Birthday Mom!) was our Baby Saver Class. I felt like it was an informative class, though most of it was information that I hope we'll never have to use. Besides talking about CPR, they also covered ways to make your house baby resistant. We probably should start working on this now - there is so much a baby can get into! Yikes!

Even though I've taken CPR before, it's been a really long time so things have changed. Did you know that it's now 30 compressions to 2 breaths? If you didn't, you probably need a refresher course also.

The hospital also has a BabyLine which is a phone number you can call whenever you have any sort of questions that are baby related. It's answered by nurses and it's free. We already have it programmed into our phones.

After the class we went to El Ranchito in Newport Beach for a nice lunch on the patio. The weather was simply gorgeous this weekend. From there, I needed to go home and rest, so I got a nap in.

When we got up (Jeremy likes this napping thing), we went to Babies R Us to get some things that I think we will be needed very soon after the baby comes. I keep having this feeling that she might come early and I definitely want to be prepared. That's the reason for the earlier crib post - we picked all that stuff up on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment