Sunday, June 28, 2009

Big Milestone - 37 weeks!



At week 37, your pregnancy is considered full term, meaning baby is likely to thrive after birth. Baby spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world… meaning careful refinement of the blink, suck, inhale and exhale. Meconium, which you’ll probably find in the first diaper, is accumulating in the intestines. If (okay, as) you worry about giving birth, consider what it’s like for the little one. During the journey out of your womb, baby will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life.

At my last doc appointment, I was told that it could be anytime now. Especially if my fluid level gets too low again. At any of my fetal diagnostic appointments, if my fluid measures below 5, I was told that they would admit me and induce me. I have continued resting and drinking lots of water, but now I feel much better about what might happen if the fluid is low.

So, today Jeremy and I have been busy making final preparations for our girl's arrival. I assembled the swing that we bought yesterday. Jeremy figured out how to install the car seat. We've also just been doing little organizing and rearranging things around the house. I guess we're as ready as we'll ever be.

Bring it, Baby Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment